Porcelain is one of the exceptionally durable flooring materials that doesn’t lose its shine and style because of its low maintenance and care. This ceramic type is specially baked to build its rigid property. Manufacturers often apply glazed glass coating that makes these tiles impervious to stains, scratches, and water damage.
However, there are certain installation aspects to consider ensuring the best results. Moreover, you also need to follow the manufacturer’s instructions to clean porcelain tiles. Shine Star tiling company in Sydney can help you in that regard.
Cleaning unpolished porcelain floor tile
Here are a few things you can do to keep your tile floor clean with moderate soiling:
- Remove dirt- Vacuum or sweep away dirt from the floor.
- Wash- You need to saturate the floor using hot water and cleaning solution and allow it to sit for at least 5-10 minutes. However, make sure that the solution does not dry. You should also do this procedure in small areas at a time.
- Scrubbing- For stains that are difficult to remove, you need to scrub the cleaning solution using a floor machine that comes with a stiff nylon-bristle brush or an abrasive pad. For small areas, you can use a scrub brush. You can look for the cleaning solution and brush at anytiling company in Sydney
- Wipe down- You need to wipe off the dirty solution and rinse the surface of the tile with clear water and a mop or wet vacuum.
- Allow the floor to dry.
Cleaning polished porcelain tile
Try to follow the instructions mentioned below to clean glazed or polished tiles.
- Remove loose dirt- First, you need to vacuum or sweep any loose soil from the floor. You can use an untreated, dry dust mop rather than using a broom.
- Washing- Try to use a mild cleaning solution and mop the floor. The concentration of detergent should be less than 50% of what you use on an unpolished porcelain floor.
- Rinse- You should rinse the porcelain tile floor with clear water thoroughly.
- Wipe- Dry the floor carefully to prevent water spots and increase its shine.
Damage prevention tips
We recommend following the below tips to keep your porcelain tile in top shape.
- Avoid using ammonia to clean porcelain tile floors and other cleaning agents that contain acid or any bleaching agent. Acid and ammonia-based cleaners might lead to alteration of colour.
- Do not buy any oil-based detergent, sealants, or wax cleaners for cleaning porcelain tiles.
- You can place rugs at the outdoor entrance to protect the dirt from getting trapped on the floor.
- You should never use steel wool pads as loose steel particles might cause rust stains in the grout.
Last, but not least
To keep your porcelain tile floor in the pink of its health, try to wipe off any stain as soon as possible. However, the type of tile will determine which cleaning procedure you will follow. You also need to sweep or vacuum regularly as loose dirt can make the surface of your floor look dull. Shine Star Tiling Specialist provides one of the best solutions to all your titling services. Head to our website to know more about us and our services.